Cleve Hill Solar Park (CHSP) has submitted its Battery Safety Management Plan (BSMP) to Swale Borough Council to satisfy Requirement 3.
GREAT has now submitted its objection and we urge everyone to submit an objection to Swale Borough Council as soon as possible to ensure they consider this requirement seriously. Previous requirements have been signed off without, in our view, due diligence and against statutory consultees advice.
The Battery Storage facility could affect local communities health and well being . It was accepted by the Secretary of State in the Development Consent Order (DCO), but we need to make certain this is as safe as possible. There was an alternative in the DCO to utilise this area by putting more solar panels up if this requirement was not approved.
You can view GREAT’s full submission here searching under the application reference of 23/503812/SUB. It is a lengthy document as it lacks detail and transparency and, in our view, is incomplete. We have provided some bullet points below to assist you if required:
- The large battery compound proposed for Cleve Hill contains the equivalent of millions of e -scooter sized batteries and any fire has the potential to severely affect the health and safety of the local community.
- None of the information requested by Kent Fire and Rescue Services has been provided by CHSP.
- The amount of water to cool the battery containers in case of a fire is based on the best possible scenario and needs to be more realistic and the on site storage facility needs to be much larger.
- The response time from the Fire Authority, the Police and Emergency services will be hindered by the amount of traffic on the roads, the poor state of the roads in Kent and disruption caused by roadworks.
- There is no dedicated escape road for villagers and they will be reliant on using Head Hill Road as the primary route away from the village.
- There are no responses to the Plan from key agencies such as the water companies, HS&E have refused to comment, and Kent Police have not been engaged.
- The Plan contains emergency provisions for operational staff during construction but there is no Emergency Response Plan for the community.
All comments must be made in writing – verbal comments cannot be accepted. You can submit your comments:
- Online here reference 23/503812/SUB
- Email email@example.com quoting 23/503812/SUB PROPOSAL : SUBMISSION OF DETAILS TO DISCHARGE REQUIREMENT NO.3 OF THE CLEVE HILL SOLAR PARK ORDER 2020 – BATTERY SAFETY MANAGEMENT PLAN in the subject line.
- Write to us at: Mid Kent Planning Support, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, ME15 6JQ
Your comments must:
- Be dated
- Provide your name and address. Anonymous comments will not usually be taken into account.
- State the application number and site address – 23/503812/SUB PROPOSAL : SUBMISSION OF DETAILS TO DISCHARGE REQUIREMENT NO.3 OF THE CLEVE HILL SOLAR PARK ORDER 2020 – BATTERY SAFETY MANAGEMENT PLAN
Thank you for your continued support!